THINK TANK REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
If you have questions or need assistance please contact Big Ocean.
WHAT: 3-day Think Tank on the Human Dimensions of Large Scale Marine Protected Areas
PURPOSE: To bring together a diverse community of managers, cultural practitioners, policy-makers, donors, and scholars to explore the social, cultural, political, institutional, and economic considerations and priorities – human dimensions– of Large-Scale MPAs (LSMPAs) in support of furthering best-practices for these vast sites. The workshop builds upon the 2011 Marine Conservation Think Tank that convened bio-physical scientists and site managers that produced the first ever Research Agenda for Large-Scale MPAs.
WHEN: February 8-10, 2016 (with additional meetings for invited participants Feb. 11-12, see Week-at-a-glance link below below)
WHERE: Honolulu, Hawai’i
LOCATION: Outrigger Ala Moana Hotel
- Across the street from the Hawaii Convention Center; adjacent to the Ala Moana Shopping Center.
- Directions from the Honolulu International Airport
- Download Google Map (PDF 1.9MB)
- 410 Atkinson Dr, Honolulu, HI 96814 | Ph: +1-808-955-4811
- Toll-Free US, Canada & Guam: 1-866-956-4262
- Toll-Free Australia: 1-800-608313
- Worldwide Phone: +1-303-369-7777 | Worldwide Fax: +1-303-369-9403
WEEK-AT-A-GLANCE: Click Here for a brief overview of the week.
ACCOMMODATIONS: A room block with special conference pricing has been made at the Outrigger Ala Moana Hotel (same hotel as the workshop). The cut-off date to make reservations is January 8, 2016. A credit card deposit of one-night will be due at the time of booking a reservation. Rates are valid 3 nights prior or post, based on availability.
To make reservations:
- Use the code or reference “Big Ocean”
- Either call 808-955-4811 (direct) or toll-free (800) 367-6025
- Register online: Click Here
Room rates, inclusive of tax:
- Single occupancy: $181.20 per night, Kona Tower (one queen bed)
- Double occupancy: $203.99 per night, Waikiki Tower (one King bed or two double beds)
- Third or Fourth persons are $50
VISAS: You are responsible for handling your own visa requirements to enter the United States from your respective country. If you need a list requirements, please see the US Department of State’s website.
NEED HELP? If you need further assistance or have trouble making reservations, please call or email Lee-Ann Choy for assistance: tel. +1-808-864-9812 | email: email@example.com
As well as the Office of Hawaiian Affairs, National Marine Sanctuary Foundation, Great Barrier Reef Foundation, Center for Ocean Solutions, Stanford University, and Oceana
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org